How long does the Corona Virus survive over the surfaces or objects?
admin last edited by
- It is not certain how long the virus that causes COVID-19 survives on surfaces, but it seems to behave like other Corona Viruses.
- Studies suggest that Corona Viruses (including preliminary information on the COVID-19 virus) may persist on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days.
- This may vary under different conditions (e.g. type of surface, temperature or humidity of the environment).
- If you think a surface may be infected, clean it with simple disinfectant to kill the virus and protect yourself and others.
- Clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose.